If you ever wondered if snail farming is a profitable business, we just found another great story of snail farmers making it happen! Learn more about what it is like to open a snail farm in South Africa.
Before you dive into their story, you might want to check the short video about the little farm in Vienna.
Sign up to our newsletter to get a coupon for 20% off our Snail Farming eBook
This is a story about Stanley Micallef and his wife, Heather, of Benoni in Gauteng, where they established their snail farm called Stanley’s Snails .
They decided to use a temperature-controlled environment to speed up the snail-breeding process in their enterprise. Although this is not the natural outdoor approach, this system ensures that snails can be harvested at the age of seven months, instead of nine to 12 months, and can be harvested all year round.
Read their story here.
For more information on how to start breeding snails or start a snail farm, please head over here to buy a Guide to Snail Farming.
Read more interesting articles on snail farming:
- What You Need to Know About Starting Snail Farming in 2021
- How to eat snail caviar
- Snail Farming on the Rise in the USA in 2020
- Meet the Snail Farmer: Somerset Escargot
- Nutritional Value of Snails
- Snail Farming in South Africa
- Snail Farm in Vienna
- How to Become a Snail Farmer in 2020
- Snail Festival in Spain
- Is Snail Farming profitable in 2020?