Watch this interesting story of a snail farmer in Vienna. To quit your job and become a snail farmer is no easy task, but a very rewarding one if you do it with passion. Eating escargots has been an old tradition in Vienna – it was once a snail capital, but somehow growing and eating snails became forgotten. Andreas decided to change this and he created something beautiful. You can see his eyes spark when he talks about his journey.
Did you read the real life story of how Somerset Escargot started?
If you would like to start a snail farming business please read more about it in the Guide to Snail Farming here.
Read more interesting stories:
- Snail farming – Heliciculture
- What do Snails Eat – Snail Food
- How Do Snails Reproduce
- Snail caviar
- Escargots de bourgogne
- Cooking snails
- Cherasco Worldwide Institute of Snail Breeding
- International Festival of Snail Breeding
- Meet the Snail Farmer – Ric Brewer
- National Escargot Day
- How to produce snail caviar
- Vienna’s Snail Festival
- Snails in Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen
- How to set up a snail website
- Rare lefty snail
- Meet The Snail Farmer – Agrofarma
- How to Sell Snails
- How to Eat Snails